Discover how we’re making a difference.
Ministry is seldom confined to one role or method. God has equipped each of us to uniquely meet the needs (plural!) of those around us. Our strategy is simple: see the need, fill the need. Here are a few ways we accomplish this:
1. Buckets For Life: providing clean water.
We specifically target riverbank communities that lack safe, high-quality drinking water. Jesus called Himself the “Living Water”, and water is one of the basic necessities of human life. Yet this statistic breaks our heart:
42,000 deaths occur every week from unsafe water. 90% of these deaths are children under 5 years old.
Providing safe water for every community is an obtainable goal. With proper health education, filtration equipment, and personnel training, we can eradicate this tragedy and save lives.
How to get involved:
The easiest thing to do is support Buckets For Life financially. Just one water bucket ($5.00 USD each) or one water filter ($50.00 USD each) can provide clean drinking water for a community of 1,000 people for ten years!
Want to join us in the Amazon?
If you’re the more adventurous type, join us on a 7-day expedition down the Amazon. These expeditions are centered on 3 primary goals:
- Educate – the Brazilian public schools allow our teams to conduct assemblies to demonstrate the importance of clean drinking water to children. We educate them in preventative measures of sanitation and hygiene.
- Equip – you’ll join us in providing water filtration equipment to riverbank communities. the generous donations of our Buckets For Life partners allow us to provide this equipment. The result: every man, woman, and child has access to clean drinking water.
- Empower – as we meet the felt needs of these communities, you’ll have the chance to pray for others, share the Gospel, and minister with us in a number of evening services.
Our Amazon Expeditions are a truly transformative experience, both for you and the people you’ll meet. Interested? Email tom [at] riverintl.org and you’ll get all the details.
2. Schools of Healing
Part of our mandate is to equip the saints to do the work of the ministry, based on Ephesians 4:12. We do this by hosting 3-day intensive Healing Schools throughout our region.
We’ve witnessed countless miracles, miraculous healings (cancer, diabetes, deafness, and more) and over 100 salvations during our ministry here. Praise our Healer!
Our strategy is to train lay leaders to command wholeness over the sick. In addition to the healings, local churches have been strengthened and more folks have been equipped and commission for ministry. It has been an honor to see the work of the King right before our very eyes.
3. Leadership Development and Training
Tom is a certified leadership trainer, commissioned through Equip Million Leader Mandate (a John Maxwell organization) and the International Church of Las Vegas with Pastor Paul Goulet.
Additionally, Tom assists Pastor Ron Eivaz of Harvest Christian Center (Turlock, CA) in conducting a training event called the Leadership Congress twice a year in São Paulo. Hundreds of leaders gather to be trained and equipped to lead at a higher level.
We assist in the leaders development and teach them to discover how to navigate from where they are to where they want to go. Our goal is to train leaders to train others to love God, share Christ, and serve people. This is the sweet spot where leadership development happens within a Great Commission context.